Community Recipe from
- For the Apple Filling
- 3 medium-size Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
- For the Glaze:
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 5 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the Apple Filling: Peel, core, and slice the apples into thin slices, then cut the slices in half. Toss the apple pieces with the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Unroll cresent rolls onto the large bar pan. Roll out evenly to make a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each side into strips about 1-inch wide down each side, leaving the center third of the dough uncut. Spread the apple filling down the middle third of the dough. Fold strips of dough into the center, crisscrossing the filling by alternating strips from each side. Lightly press ends to seal, and straighten out the braid with your hands, if necessary, to straighten.
- Bake the braid in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the braid cool for several minutes.
- Make the Glaze: Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl until blended and smooth.
- Brush the glaze in a thick coat over the entire surface of the apple braid while it is still cooling. Slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple Braid Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries