Apple and Sage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup(s) sage chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) smoked bacon diced
- 1 cup(s) apple diced
- 1/4 cup(s) white onion diced
- 2 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounce(s) butter cubed
- 2 cup(s) apple juice
- 1 cup(s) stock (pork or chicken)
- To prpare the tenderloin slice down the middle length wise and repeat untill tenderloin is open and laying fat. In a fry pan saute bacon, onion, apple, and sage. Once these ingredients are softened add 2oz butter,sage, then the bread crumbs. Allow mixture to cool, then place in tederloin and roll together. Tie with butcher twine or use wooden skewers to hold together.
- In a large heavy fry pan, add 2oz butter, heat to med-high and sear tenderloin on all sides. Remove from pan and place on sheet pan to continue cooking in 400deg oven for approx. 15 mins, or until desired doneness.
- Deglaze pan with 2cups of apple juice, reduce to 1/4 cup, add stock and reduce again until desired consistancy.Let tenderloin rest for 10 mins before carving, once plated spoon pan sauce over the pork.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by StephenHowell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Apple and Sage Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes