Appetizer Meatballs (pork sausage and ground beef)
Blend a can of crushed pineapple into these meatballs to create a taste-tempting treat. Best of all, the sweet and tangy glaze that coats this big batch of bite-size snacks is a snap to prepare. From Karen Mellinger Baker: Dover, Ohio. Recipe published in Quick Cooking September/October 1998.
- 1 8-ounce can(s) crushed pineapple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 pound(s) bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- • Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple and 2 tablespoons juice in a large bowl (set the remaining juice aside for glaze). Add the egg, bread crumbs and pepper to pineapple. Crumble sausage and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- • Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- • Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine glaze ingredients and reserved pineapple juice. Add meatballs. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note