Amish Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon
- 1/2 pound(s) sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 4 cup(s) frozen shredded hash browns completely thawed
- 8 ounce(s) shredded sharp cheddar
- 8 ounce(s) shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cottage cheese
- Cook the bacon/sausage.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes with the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Stir in cottage cheese, and all but 1/4-1/2 cup each of the cheddar and swiss cheese. Stir in bacon/sausage, but reserve 1/4 cup. Stir in sautéed veggies. Stir in 6 slightly beaten eggs.
- Grease 9x13in pan, or 2 smaller pans (one to freeze, eat one now). Spread the mixture in the pan(s). Top with reserved cheese, bacon, and sausage.
- At this point, if you are making this ahead, cover the casserole with foil and place in the refrigerator. About 30 minutes before you bake it, remove it from the fridge so that it can start to come to room temp.
- If you plan to make it and bake it, preheat the oven to 350. Bake at 35-40 minutes, or until all of the cheese is melted and bubbling. Cool and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by szbick and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Amish Breakfast Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch