Almond Encrusted Tuna with a Raspberry Pinot Noir Glaze
Marinate: 1 Hour
- 2 8-ounce yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 cup(s) Pinot Noir
- 2 cup(s) toasted almonds, lightly salted and peppered
- 1/4 cup(s) corn starch
- 1 tablespoon(s) cracked pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Marinate tuna steaks for 1 hour in Estancia Pinot Noir.
- Fine chop 1 1/2 cups of almonds and pepper flakes in coffee grinder or kitchen aid mixer, combine with corn starch on flat plate.
- Remove steaks from wine, let drain on paper towel.
- Coat well both broad sides of each steak with almond breading mix, let set 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat non stick pan to medium high heat, add oil sear 1-2 minutes on each side or until nut coating is golden brown, remove from pan, set on service platter. * fresh Tuna is best eaten rare to medium rare
- Lower heat to medium, deglaze pan with Estancia Pinot Noir, reduce wine by 2/3, add raspberries.
- Remove from heat, add butter and remainder of nuts, serve around tuna on plate or platter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note