This has been tweeked to my family's taste and diet restrictions. I feel you don't miss the extra fat by making it lean.
Alfredo Sauce - Easy
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 butter
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese (light)
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 cup(s) milk (fat free)
- 6 ounce(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- Melt butter in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta and serve with garlic bread or bread sticks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by centzablemom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Alfredo Sauce - Easy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments