Absolutely Amazing Ahi
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 pound(s) sashimi grade tuna steak diced
- 1/2 cup(s) cucumber diced
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup(s) green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, cucumber, avocado, green onion, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Pour in the lemon juice, sesame oil and soy sauce, and stir carefully to blend so as not to mash the avocado. Place this bowl into a larger bowl that has been filled with ice. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, but no longer - the terrific freshness of the fish will be lost.
- 2. Once chilled, remove the bowl from the ice, and invert onto a serving plate. Serve with toasted bread or your favorite crackers.
- To toast sesame seeds
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllenD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note