Aaron's Smoked Chicken Tortilla Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) smoked chicken shredded or diced
- 1 envelope(s) chipotle taco season
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) spanish oregano
- 1 can(s) green chilies diced
- 1 can(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) corn drained
- 1 can(s) white hominy drained
- 1 can(s) (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes or fire roasted dices tomotoes undrained
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 jar(s) picante sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cholulas Hot Sauce more or less to desired taste
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) lime juice depending on personal taste
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- avocado sliced
- green onions chopped
- tortilla chips chrushed
- Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, jalapeno and garlic in oil until soft. Stir taco seasoning, oregano, cumin, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in corn, hominy, chiles, beans, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls, and top with your choiceof crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese, chopped green onion and cilantro as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AaronComstock and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Aaron's Smoked Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews