3 Bean Salad
- 1 cup(s) green beans chopped
- 1 can(s) chickpeas drained
- 1 can(s) red kidney beans drained
- 1 orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded & finely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) parsley finely chopped
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 7-8 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, fine grain
- 1. Add several cups of water into a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil. Add chopped green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place into a large bowl.
- 2. Drain and rinse chickpeas and kidney beans and place into a large bowl along with the green beans, bell pepper, optional jalapeno, parsley, and green onion. Mix.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Adjust to taste if needed.
- 4. Pour on dressing over salad and mix well. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper and adjust dressing to taste.
- Salad will taste even better the next day. Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Nutritional info: (per 1 cup serving): 221 cals, 5 grams fat (1 g sat fat), 446 mg sodium, 37 grams carbs, 9 grams fibre, 6 grams sugar, 9 grams protein.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BJBoxcars and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note