20-Minute Shrimp and Couscous With Yogurt-Hummus Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Whole wheat coucous
- 1/4 cup(s) Dried apricots, Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) Hummus
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh mint or dill, Chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1-1/4 pound(s) Medium shrimp, Peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 cup(s) Cherry tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Hot paprika
- 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat the broiler to high. Combine the couscous, apricots and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups very hot water, cover with plastic wrap and let sit until all of the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt, hummus, mint and 1 to 2 tablespoons water in another bowl. Season with salt and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp, tomatoes, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and paprika together. Spread out on a baking sheet and broil until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Divide the shrimp and couscous among 4 plates. Scrape any of the drippings from the baking sheet into the yogurt-hummus sauce. Serve the shrimp and couscous with the sauce.
- Per serving: Calories: 385; Total Fat 10 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 30 grams; Total carbohydrates: 47 grams; Sugar: 8 grams Fiber: 7.5 grams; Cholesterol: 180 milligrams; Sodium: 950 milligrams
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janescully and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
20-Minute Shrimp and Couscous With Yogurt-Hummus Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes