Udon Noodle Bowl
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 quart(s) chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1/2 stalk(s) lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juiced and some for stock
- 1 package(s) udon noodles
- 1 chicken breast cut into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces
- 10 sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots sliced very thin
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped, optional
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper optional
- Bring the chicken broth to a gentle boil in a large stockpot. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon grass, minced ginger, lemon juice and lemon rind. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add udon noodles and gently boil for 5 to 6 minutes or until the noodles are cooked. If using fresh noodles, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a pair of tongs, gently lift udon noodles into a soup bowl. Ladle in the hot soup. Add diced chicken, carrots and snap peas. Garnish with scallions, cilantro and black and white sesame seeds.
- Read more: http://www.oprah.com/own-cristinas-big-bowl-of-love/Udon-Noodle-Bowl-Recipe#ixzz1ZMtz1vfU
This recipe is a personal recipe added by frenchy1604 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Udon Noodle Bowl Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews