- 8 ounces uncooked udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or spaghetti
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14 1/4-ounce) cans low-salt beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake (rice wine) or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 8 ounces top round, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 (6-ounce) bag prewashed baby spinach
- calories 306
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 22.4 g
- carbohydrate 36.6 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 707 mg
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Place garlic, pepper, and broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine soy sauce, sake, and honey in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrot; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add vegetable mixture to broth mixture. Stir in beef; cook 2 minutes or until beef loses its pink color. Stir in noodles, green onions, and spinach. Serve immediately.