1. Open and drain excess water from canned pinto beans. Pour into a large bowl and mash with a fork until all is mashed.
2. Meanwhile toast bread in toaster. I always used Nature's own 40 calorie bread. Let cool.
3. Pour 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and saute garlic and chopped onion for about 5 min. Let cool
4. Add the ketchup and soy sauce and stir.
5. Stir in garlic and onions, bread crumbs, oregano, basil, and thyme. I just roll the bread between my hands to make bread crumbs (I personally like little chunks of bread in my meat loat too.)
6. Last, stir in the vital wheat gluten and press mixture into a Pam sprayed loaf pan. Drizzle lots of ketchup on top if desired.
7. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. I broil the top for about 5 minutes. Let cool before serving so loaf can set.
Go to Full Version of