1. In bread machine, add all dry ingredients. (If you don't have a bread machine, prepare the same way).
2. Add oil and water.
3. Select setting #10 with a 1.5 pound loaf size. Press start. (If doing by hand, mix dough into a ball shape, lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl, plastic wrap and cover with a dry towel and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature).
4. When complete, remove dough and hand toss.
1. Add oil to a medium sauce pan and set to medium-low heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and basil. Stir.
4. Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, remove from heat and blend the sauce using an immersion mixer until a fairly smooth consistency is established. Serve.
1. Preheat oven to bake at 450.
2. Place dough on a 16" pizza pan.
3. Add sauce to the dough with a spoon, using the backside of the spoon to spread as necessary.
4. Add desired amount of cheese (10-12oz is recommended), followed by additional toppings.
5. Place pizza in oven for 15-18 minutes.
6. Let cool slightly before serving.
Pizza dough can be frozen -- just place the dough in a ziplock bag. Remove the bag from the freezer 24 hours prior to use and allow to defrost in the refrigerator.
If you do not have an immersion mixer, allow the sauce to cool slightly and puree in a traditional blender. Sauce can be made up to two days in advance. Freezes great; just be sure to use an air tight container. Remove from the freezer 24-36 hours before planned usage and let defrost in the refrigerator.
Go to Full Version of