1. For the paste, first chop anything too large for the blender and then blend all of the curry paste ingredients together making sure the mix retains some texture. Add oil or water to help it along if it needs it.
2. Heat the oil and ghee/butter in a deep saucepan or casserole dish. Fry the chicken until slightly browned, then add the paste, stir and cover and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
3. Add the sliced onion and potatoes and cover an cook for a further 10 minutes then reduce the heat and cook uncovered until the sauce thickens and the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
4. Check the seasoning and add more salt if needed.
5. Scatter fresh chopped coriander over the top and serve with rice, roti or toasted pitta bread and natural yoghurt sprinkled with chopped red onion and mint.
Go to Full Version of