1. Wash dal. Wash spinach leaves in salt water. Chop them. Mix together dal, spinach leaves, 1 tsp oil, turmeric powder and enough water. Boil them till soft.
2. Mash dal and spinach. Keep aside.
3. Chop onion. Crush garlic cloves.
4. Heat a pan. Put 1 tbsp oil into it. Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle, add asafoetida, red chilies and garlic cloves.Add chopped onions and fry them till translucent.
5. Pour dal and spinach mixture into the pan. Add water for desired thickness. Bring it to a boil.
6. Add salt, sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves while serving.
Go to Full Version of