1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large skillet brown ground beef (may add onions, mushrooms, spices if desired - my family like it plain).
3. Drain fat from beef; add undiluted soup and stir. Set aside.
4. Heat water, butter, and salt until boiling. Remove from heat.
5. Add cold milk to water.
6. Stir in potato flakes and let stand until flakes are moist. Whip lightly with fork.
7. In 8 x 8 inch pan, spread meat mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Spread cooked potatoes over meat; top with grated cheese.
8. Bake 5-15 minutes until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
Go to Full Version of