1. Proof yeast in water with sugar
2. Add oil and salt
3. Mix in white wheat flour
4. Mix in white flour until dough is just tacky
5. Let rise for 1 1 1/2 hour
6. Divide into thirds. Divide each third into 16 12" ropes. Shape into pretzels. Freeze
7. Preheat oven to 450 F. Boil 3 quarts of kettling water. Add baking soda.
8. Kettle 6 pretzels at a time for one minute. Dip into 2 quart water bowl. Drain, pat off surface water, let dry on rack, place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
9. Beat the eggs with the warm water. Use as wash on the surface of the pretzels.
10. Sprinkle with rock salt and bake until golden brown (about 10 minutes), flipping after top is done.
Go to Full Version of