1. Cook macaroni until very firm. Macaroni should be too firm to eat
right out of the pot. Drain.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg.
3. In a large pot, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together over
medium-low heat. Cook mixture for five minutes, whisking
constantly. Don’t let it burn.
4. Pour in milk, add mustard, and whisk until smooth. Cook for five
minutes until very thick. Reduce heat to low.
5. Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into beaten egg,
whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs. Whisk together till
6. Pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth.
7. Add in cheese and stir to melt.
8. Add salt and pepper. Taste sauce and add more salt and seasoned
salt as needed! DO NOT UNDERSALT.
9. Pour in drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
Serve immediately (very creamy) or pour into a buttered baking
dish, top with extra cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until
bubbly and golden on top.
Go to Full Version of