1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease small size muffin tins or cupcake tins or line them with papers.
3. Cream oil and brown sugar together until well mixed.
4. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
5. Mix together flours, baking powder and soda and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to the blend of oil/egg/sugar and beat until well mixed.
7. Add grated orange zest (if using) and grated carrots. Mix well.
8. Add raisins and/or nuts (if using). Spoon batter into the tins.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
If desired, the cooled cupcakes can be sprinkled with powdered sugar. Refrigerate any leftovers. They keep for several days in the refrigerator.
Go to Full Version of