1. Vitamin C in citrus juice helps the body absorb the iron in chickpeas.
2. Lycopene (a heart-disease fighting antioxidant) in red fruits like tomatoes is fat-soluble, so eating it with a healthy fat like olive oil increases its impact.
3. Cabbage's sulforaphane and the selenium in meat and eggs, both cancer-fighting nutrients, are four times more effective when eaten together.
4. A squeeze of lemon lets the body absorb 13 times more of the tea's antioxidants.
5. Like rice and beans, the duo forms a complete protein, which is good for building and maintaining muscle.
Go to Full Version of