• 12 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp. finely minced pickled jalapeños, drained
• 2 tbsp. finely chopped chipotle chili in adobo sauce
• ½ tsp. Cajun spice blend (see mixture below)
• Salt to taste • ¼ tsp. hot smoked paprika
1. Slice eggs in half length-wise and carefully remove yolks. Set egg whites aside. Press yolks through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Add mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients, stirring until blended. Spoon or pipe egg mixture into egg white halves. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
2. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve.
To make Cajun spice blend: Combine thoroughly 2 tbsp. each chili powder and paprika; 1 tbsp. each ground coriander, garlic powder, salt and dried oregano; 2 tsp. ground cumin; 1 tsp. each black pepper, cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper. Yields ½ cup
Go to Full Version of