1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
3. Place asparagus on a large rimmed baking sheet; dot with 2 tablespoon butter, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, tossing occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes; cut into 2-inch lengths.
4. While asparagus is roasting, generously salt boiling water. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Set aside 1/2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
5. In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, milk, and 1/2 cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
6. Add goat-cheese mixture and asparagus to pasta; toss to combine, adding more pasta water if necessary for sauce to coat pasta. Serve pasta garnished with chives.
Go to Full Version of