Cheesy Stuffed Shells
This is a delicious baked pasta dish with large shells filled with meat, spinach and cheese that children always seem to love. It is kind of a 'spaghetti that behaves itself!'
1 (16 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 cup ricotta cheese
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Stuff pasta shells with the sausage and cheese mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the pasta is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Go to Full Version of