very simple and we always get "perfect" results.
1. Prep the toasted bread any way you prefer -- plain or rubbed with a cut tomato or topped with a slice of ham or cheese or some avocado, etc.
2. Fill a medium saucepan (c 7" wide) with water, add 1tsp salt and put an upside-down plate in the bottom of the pan. Bring water up to 80C/176F
3. One at a time, crack the eggs into a small-slotted spoon and allow any excess white to drain off then slide each egg into separate small bowl to hold til water's ready
4. One at a time, gently slide each egg into water and poach for 4min at constant 80C/176F -- keep the thermometer in the water to monitor
5. Lift with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, place on bread, top with grind of salt and pepper
6. Serve with side of fresh-cut fruit
Go to Full Version of