1. Cut your favorite bread into 1-inch cubes. (If you use a different kind of bread, use enough to fill a 9 x 13 pan pretty full...about 5 cups. Sandwich bread does not work well for this recipe).
2. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together all other ingredients EXCEPT the brown sugar. When well combined, pour mixture over bread. Press bread down so that all of the pieces are well coated.
4. Cover and refridgerate overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Uncover and top with additional pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and pecans, if desired.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
8. Remove aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until golden brown and no longer wet.
9. Serve immediately with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Go to Full Version of