1. bring the chicken stock to boil in a large saucepan. add the rice and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
2. in a bowl, beat the egg yolks until pale and creamy, using a hand held mixer. add the lemon juice and mix well
3.strain the rice, reservingthe stock. set aside 3/4 cup of stock in a jug; pour the rest into a vclean pan and simmer until required. reserve the rice.
4. slowly pour about a 1/4 cup of the stock set aside into the lemon egg mixture, stirring well.
5. stir in the remaining stock into the egg mixture, mixing well, and then pour all the mixture slowly into the simmering stock, stirring constantly until soup thickens
6. add the reserved rice into the soup, anndind salt and pepper to taste. garnish with parsley.
***this is delicious as is but if you're used to other aweome goodies in your avgolemono feel free to add chicken, celery, onion, shredded carrot, oregano etc.
Go to Full Version of