- 1 32 oz. Greek yogurt, strained
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon(s) dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) plus each, salt & pepper
- pocketless pita bread, warm for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) xvoo
- * Peel & coarsely grate cucumber & put in sieve or wrap in cheese cloth Squeeze out as much of the water as possible & put into a bowl
- * Add yogurt, garlic & dill to cucumber & season with salt & pepper mix well & chill in refrig. for about 2 hrs. before serving.
- * To serve, stir cucumber & yogurt dip & transfer to a bowl. Season with salt as desired.
- * Accompany with warm pita bread.
- Method for strained ogurt..place a large piece of cheesecloth or paper towel in a colander, over a bowl. Place content of one container of plain yogurt into cheesecloth and fold the draped edges over & place in refrigerator for an hour or two, the longer you leave it the thicker it will get. A small plate placed on top of the yogurt will aid in the drainage of the excess water yielded from the yogurt. Add all the remaining ingredient & mix well.
- Taste toast add salt as need.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmvb1679 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note