This is a traditional Greek dish that combines cucumber and yogurt. The ingredient piment d'Espelette is a French variety of mild ground chile.
More From Health
Chill: 1 Hour
- Calories: 76
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 (10-oz) cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Pinch of piment d'Espelette or hot paprika
- 4 thin slices whole-wheat or multigrain baguette, toasted
- 1. Generously salt the cucumber and marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- 2. Pick the mint and parsley leaves and chop. Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- 3. In a colander, rinse and drain the cucumber.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, mint, parsley, lemon juice, yogurt, and piment d'Espelette. Season to taste with salt. Cover and refrigerate until cold (at least 1 hour). Serve with toasts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note