i like this recipe better than the ones with lemon in it.....altho, i just noticed it said "dill".....i used mint, and a lot of it !!! also used a regular cucumber that i de-seed and dry with paper towels before dicing. ( don't like grating, too watery).
Taste and Texture: Yogurt sauce with a Greek accent: chunky from grated cukes, fragrant from dill, and pungent from fresh garlic. Try with: Beef, lamb, or chicken kebabs; pita sandwiches or burgers; crudités or baked pita chips.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 36
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated peeled English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Avoid garlic cloves with green sprouts inside—they'll be bitter. Be sure to reach for Greek yogurt to achieve the creamiest texture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note