- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and grated (about 1 1/4 pounds unpeeled)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or 4 cups plain yogurt, drained (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Press grated cucumber between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Stir together cucumber, yogurt, and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Note: To drain plain yogurt, line a sieve with a double thickness of cheesecloth; set sieve over a bowl. Spoon yogurt into sieve, and let drain in refrigerator at least 3 hours.