This refreshing cucumber yogurt dip can be served as part of the traditional Mezze, but it's also perfect as a sauce for poached salmon or other cold seafood. Be sure to look for Greek yogurt. It's thick, rich, and predrained. Plain yogurt can be substituted; see note below.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and grated (about 1 1/4 pounds unpeeled)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt or 4 cups plain yogurt, drained (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Press grated cucumber between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture. Stir together cucumber, yogurt, and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- Note: To drain plain yogurt, line a sieve with a double thickness of cheesecloth; set sieve over a bowl. Spoon yogurt into sieve, and let drain in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note