- 6 (6-oz.) top sirloin steaks, cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed round buttery crackers
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Vegetable oil
- Uncle Ellis' Cornmeal Gravy
How to Make It
Sprinkle cubed steaks with salt and pepper. Combine flour, crackers, and marjoram in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs and buttermilk in a bowl.
Dip steaks in egg mixture; dredge in cracker mixture. Repeat procedure.
Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large heavy skillet. Heat to 325°. Fry steaks, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Serve with gravy.