Two Tone Twice Baked Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 Medium Russet Potoes
- 3 Medium to large sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup(s) Sour Cream or Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) Milk
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh chives or parsley optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 teaspoon(s) butter optional
- Pierce potatoes and sweet potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for about 1 hour or until tender. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut top off each russet potato*; scoop out pulp, leaving skins intact. Mash pulp with 1/3 cup sour cream, milk, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Remove pulp from sweet potatoes; discard skins. Mash sweet potato pulp with the remaining 1/3 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons chives and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon mashed sweet potatoes into half of each potato skin; spoon mashed potatoes into the other half (mounding the potatoes if necessary; reserve any extra potatoes for another use). Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 6 (whole potato or 12 if using potato halves)
- Can make ahead and refrigerate; return to room temperature before baking, or add 5-10 minutes to the baking time to make sure they are heated through.
- *Depending on the size of the potatoes, you can cut them in half and fill each half, rather than cutting off the top and filling the whole potato.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gardenlife and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Two Tone Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables