Yum! I like to double the cocoa and flavor 4 cups of batter with the cocoa before I swirl it for a more chocolate flavored cake.
Two-Tone Pound Cake
Christmas with Southern Living, 1993
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-1/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 2-1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2-2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa
- powdered sugar sifted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating a medium speed 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition just until blended. Sir in vanilla. Remove 2 cups batter, and stir in cocoa. Spoon one-third of remaining batter into a greased and floured 13-cup Bundt pan; top with half of chocolate batter. Repeat layers, ending with plain batter. Gently swirl batter with a knife. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack (outer edge may stick to pan). Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Yield: 1 (10-inch) cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by blackcat1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note