Two Tomato Linguine
More From Southern Living
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic, divided
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 yellow tomato, seeded and chopped*
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Combine 4 tablespoons parsley, 3 teaspoons lemon rind, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large Dutch oven; drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven, and set aside.
- Sauté remaining 1 teaspoon garlic in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Stir in petite diced tomatoes, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon rind, and lemon juice.
- Pour tomato sauce over hot cooked pasta, and toss to combine. Top each serving evenly with chopped yellow tomatoes and parsley mixture. Drizzle each serving evenly with olive oil, if desired.
- *3/4 cup yellow grape or cherry tomatoes, halved, or 1 red tomato, seeded and chopped, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes