Two-Step Pound Cake
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla (in that order) in a 4-quart bowl. Beat at low speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer 1 minute, stopping to scrape down sides. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a KitchenAid Mixer.
- Traditional Method: Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy, Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake as directed in two-step method.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings