Easy to make. They came out delicious! I will definitely make again!
Two-Seed Bread Knots
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope rapid-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°. Combine yeast and 1 cup warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a heavy-duty mixing bowl. Add yeast mixture and oil. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute; beat at medium speed 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 7-inch rope, and shape into a knot. Combine egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with seeds; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Turn oven off, cover rolls loosely with plastic wrap; place in oven, and let rise 15 to 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Remove from oven, and preheat oven to 400°. Discard plastic wrap.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note