I thought they were tasty, although I had a hard time getting them to keep their shape. My husband absolutely detested them.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 337mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 pound shredded peeled baking potato
- 1/2 pound shredded peeled sweet potato
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Green onion strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Drizzle a jelly-roll pan evenly with oil, tilting pan to coat.
- Combine grated onion and potatoes in a sieve; squeeze out excess moisture. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine potato mixture, flour, and next 5 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, squeezing out excess liquid. Shape each portion into a 1/4-inch-thick patty; place on prepared pan. Lightly coat tops of patties with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 30 minutes or until lightly browned, turning every 10 minutes. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables