Two Potato Gratin & Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 T. butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 1 c. half & half
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/4 t. pepper
- 2.5 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/8 " thick rounds
- 2.5 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced into 1/8 " thick rounds
- 1/2 lb. shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/4 lbs. grated fresh parmesan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 baking dish. In large bowl, stir together half & half, cream, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and toss to mix and coat evenly. Layer 1/4 potatoes in dish. Evenly scatter 1/4 cheeses over potatoes. Repeat to make 3 more layers, pressing with your palm if necessary to fit potatoes in dish. Reserve a final sprinkling of cheese. Pour any cream mixture remaining in dish over potatoes. Sprinkle remaining cheese. Scatter butter pieces over cheese. Bake until top is browned, the cream thick and bubbling about 1 1/2 hrs. Let rest 10 min. before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rlrecipes09 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Two Potato Gratin & Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables