Two-Layered Ice-cream Freeze
In this version of spumoni, an Italian ice-cream dessert, use our Vanilla Meringue Cookies recipe or store-bought meringue cookies.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 2 cups no-sugar-added, fat-free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 Vanilla Meringue Cookies, crushed
- 2 cups no-sugar-added fat-free chocolate fudge ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Stir together vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup whipped topping, and almond extract. Spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 2-quart glass bowl, and freeze 15 minutes or until set.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and cookie crumbs; spread evenly over vanilla ice-cream mixture. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Stir together chocolate fudge ice cream and 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spread over cookie crumb mixture. Cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Process raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a small saucepan, pressing pulp with a wooden spoon; discard seeds. Bring raspberry puree, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Remove ice-cream mixture from freezer. Dip glass bowl in warm water 15 seconds. Invert onto a serving dish, discarding plastic wrap. Cut ice cream into wedges; serve with raspberry sauce and, if desired, remaining whipped topping.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Edy's No Sugar Added Fat Free Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts