Two-Layered Ice-cream Freeze
In this version of spumoni, an Italian ice-cream dessert, use our Vanilla Meringue Cookies recipe or store-bought meringue cookies.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 2 cups no-sugar-added, fat-free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 10 Vanilla Meringue Cookies, crushed
- 2 cups no-sugar-added fat-free chocolate fudge ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Stir together vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup whipped topping, and almond extract. Spoon mixture into a plastic wrap-lined 2-quart glass bowl, and freeze 15 minutes or until set.
- Stir together 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and cookie crumbs; spread evenly over vanilla ice-cream mixture. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Stir together chocolate fudge ice cream and 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spread over cookie crumb mixture. Cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Process raspberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a small saucepan, pressing pulp with a wooden spoon; discard seeds. Bring raspberry puree, sugar, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Remove ice-cream mixture from freezer. Dip glass bowl in warm water 15 seconds. Invert onto a serving dish, discarding plastic wrap. Cut ice cream into wedges; serve with raspberry sauce and, if desired, remaining whipped topping.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Edy's No Sugar Added Fat Free Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note