1. Put water in small bowl, dissolve yeast and brown sugar (follow your yeast package directions). Let stand til foamy & about doubled, maybe 10min.
2. Sift the two flours together.
3. Put warm milk, salt and yeast into large bowl and stir only to combine. Whisk in the flours.
4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
1. Dough should have doubled overnight. Remove from fridge, uncover and let come to room temp.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, baking soda to combine and dissolve sugar.
3. Add egg mixture to dough and lightly whisk to combine, don't overbeat.
4. Let batter rest for 15-20min.
5. Ladle about 1/3c batter onto preheated nonstick waffle iron and cook to desired crispness.
6. Melt butter in nonstick skillet and saute banana slices 2min. Serve over waffles. Syrup at the table.
Extra waffles can be frozen and reheated in a toaster.
Go to full version of