Earthy/rustic flavors from the buckwheat and brown sugar. Light and tender waffle that is good either lightly cooked or in the iron til crispy.
Two-Day Buckwheat Waffles
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water
- 1 package(s) dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) warm nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) buckwheat flour
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 5 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 large bananas, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- Day One
- 1. Put water in small bowl, dissolve yeast and brown sugar (follow your yeast package directions). Let stand til foamy & about doubled, maybe 10min.
- 2. Sift the two flours together.
- 3. Put warm milk, salt and yeast into large bowl and stir only to combine. Whisk in the flours.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Day Two
- 1. Dough should have doubled overnight. Remove from fridge, uncover and let come to room temp.
- 2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, baking soda to combine and dissolve sugar.
- 3. Add egg mixture to dough and lightly whisk to combine, don't overbeat.
- 4. Let batter rest for 15-20min.
- 5. Ladle about 1/3c batter onto preheated nonstick waffle iron and cook to desired crispness.
- 6. Melt butter in nonstick skillet and saute banana slices 2min. Serve over waffles. Syrup at the table.
- Extra waffles can be frozen and reheated in a toaster.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note