Two-color Chile Garnish
Time: 30 minutes.
This recipe goes with Spicy Squash Soup
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 large green jalapeño chiles
- 2 large red jalapeño chiles or 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1. Preheat broiler. Stem and halve green and red jalapeños; discard seeds. Set chiles cut side down in a shallow rimmed baking pan. Broil 4 in. from heat until chile skins are mostly charred, 10 to 15 minutes. Set chiles aside until cool enough to handle; coarsely chop.
- 2. In a large frying pan over high heat, combine red onion and oil. Stir often until onion softens slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in jalapeños. Use warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This