You'll love this twist on traditional macaroni and cheese, and so will your kids. Cheese adds fat-burning CLA.
Resistant Starch: 2g
Health AUGUST 2010
1. Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add pasta, and cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium, and add olive oil to pan. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook 12 minutes until flour begin to brown. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well to ensure a smooth sauce. Stir in cheeses; whisk until completely melted. Stir in cooked pasta. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
4. Top pasta mixture with panko; bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown and cheese is bubbly.
5. While pasta mixture bakes, place roasted bell pepper and yogurt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Cut baked pasta evenly into 4 pieces, and place on 4 serving dishes; drizzle each serving with roasted red pepper sauce.
Go to full version of