Baked Two-Cheese Penne with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
More From Health
Total: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 433
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 ounce smoked Gouda, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 ounces fontina cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add pasta, and cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium, and add olive oil to pan. Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook 12 minutes until flour begin to brown. Stir in milk, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking well to ensure a smooth sauce. Stir in cheeses; whisk until completely melted. Stir in cooked pasta. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 4. Top pasta mixture with panko; bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until top begins to brown and cheese is bubbly.
- 5. While pasta mixture bakes, place roasted bell pepper and yogurt in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Cut baked pasta evenly into 4 pieces, and place on 4 serving dishes; drizzle each serving with roasted red pepper sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes