Two-Bean Chili Con Carne
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped green pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili hot beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add ground round, and cook until beef is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir Mexican seasoning into beef mixture; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili evenly into 5 individual serving bowls. Top servings evenly with sour cream.
Note: For added convenience, substitute frozen chopped green pepper and frozen chopped onion for fresh in this recipe. Keep a bag of each in the freezer, and measure out the amount you need at any time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note