Two-Bean Chili Con Carne
Yield: 5 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped green pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1/2 pound ground round
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Mexican seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili hot beans, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add ground round, and cook until beef is browned, stirring until it crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir Mexican seasoning into beef mixture; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle chili evenly into 5 individual serving bowls. Top servings evenly with sour cream.
Note: For added convenience, substitute frozen chopped green pepper and frozen chopped onion for fresh in this recipe. Keep a bag of each in the freezer, and measure out the amount you need at any time.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes