Twisted Chicken Piccata
Marinate: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, approximately 2 lbs total
- 1 cup(s) olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly cracked pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 10 ounce(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 6 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) capers
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Place your chicken breasts in a gallon size freezer strength ziploc bag, one at a time, and pound them to an even 1/4" thickness. Once they have all been thinned as much as possible, place them all back into the ziploc bag and add the soy sauce, 1/2 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal the bag and let the chicken rest on the counter for 10-30 minutes.
- Place two separate bowls next to your stove. In the first one, whisk the two eggs together. In the second one, combine the bread crumbs and the flour. Heat the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter has melted and the mixture is hot, start making the chicken by dipping each piece first in the egg and then in the flour mixture, being sure to press it into the chicken on each side. Then place each piece right into the frying pan. I was able to cook two at a time in the pan.
- Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate. Tent the cooked chicken with foil to stay warm while you prepare the sauce. (You can also place the covered chicken plate in the oven to keep warm if you would like. I found that mine stayed warm enough simply tented with the foil.)
- Add the sliced mushrooms and 3 tablespoons of butter into the frying pan that you just used. Saute the mushrooms over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then add the wine, lemon juice and capers to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up all of the brown bits and then let the sauce simmer for a few minutes while it reduces by half. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and stir to combine. Plate the chicken and pour sauce over the top. Top with fresh parsley if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note