Twin Mountain Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add egg, beating just until mixture is blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, ending with flour mixture. Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire racks.
- Pepper-Cheese Muffins: Reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons; stir in 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers with flour mixture.
- Bacon-Cheese Muffins: Reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons; stir in 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese and 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled, with flour mixture.
- Herb Muffins: Reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons; stir in 1 teaspoon instant minced onion, 2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper with flour mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note