Twiced baked potatoe soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 Tbsp. Bacon Fat or Butter
- 2 large Vidalia Onions, cut in 1" pieces
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Stock, strong
- 4 large Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Green Onions, cut 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 lb. Bacon, cut 1/4", cooked crisp
- As Desired Additional Sour Cream for Garnish
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Optional Garnish Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced & fried
- Cut bacon into inch strips and fry until crisp. Reserve crisp bacon for garnish and use 3 Tbsp. of rendered bacon fat or butter to saut onion over medium heat until tender but not browned. Add chicken stock and potatoes and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes with stock from heat and add half and half. Simmer 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. Place mixture in blender. Blend until smooth then strain mixture soup if desired, otherwise, return soup to a soup pot and reheat. Finish soup with cup sour cream then season soup with salt & pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lizfaulk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Twiced baked potatoe soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews